Friday 1 January 2021

2020 (bye!), New Year and the Six of Cups.

 

Happy New Year to you all. I hope you’ve had a safe, healthy and happy season, even though it’s been a weird one for us! I think it’s safe to say 2020 was an unexpected rollercoaster.

On reflection I would say mine was rather good. Back before lockdown I got to visit a video location of my favourite band, Suede 😊 I think the smile says it all, it’s just a bridge to most but to me it’s an iconic location! If you want to check it out search Suede “The Drowners” on YouTube. Also note the pre lockdown great hair before the huge mistake of bleaching it!

I then moved in with a friend (managed it with two days to spare before lockdown kicked in back in March), this is so I can save for a mortgage and get my own place, bless her I’ll be eternally grateful that she let me do this.

The rest of the year was spent, like everyone else in lockdown and trying to figure out what the hell is going on. For us two introverts though not much else seemed different. I now have a garden, we spent most of the summer landscaping it and I now live with four beautiful, fluffy cats (they’ve been noisily zooming round the living room whilst I’m typing this!) Me and my housemate have however changed our names to Bernard and Manni (characters from the TV series Black Books) as that’s what we’ve both morphed into. I’m Manni if you’re wondering!

So, 2021, hello. Bernard and I have set ourselves some SMART goals for the year. One of mine is to blog more! 😂To start writing and painting again more regularly, save for a mortgage deposit (obviously), and to fully embrace the hippie, witchy me. My ‘more regular blogs’ will let you know of my progress.

The tarot spread for this year has eight major arcana! Yes, eight so lots of change and high energy is in store. The first card, and overall theme for the year ahead is Strength. So, whatever happens we can deal with. We need to let the year guide us to where we need to go, grow and have confidence in ourselves.


January’s card is the Six of Cups.

I love her! She is so mysterious. To me it looks like she has stepped through a portal, is she coming or going though? And where has she been, where is she trying to get to? Perhaps these are questions we need to ask ourselves right now, where do you want to be? If you’re not there yet what can you do to work out how to get there?


SMART goals were mentioned earlier, perhaps this will help you get a plan together. Note down where you want to be at the end of 2021 and give yourself steps, they don’t have to be big, small progress is still progress.

You need to hold yourself accountable though, only you can do this. The woman could find herself wondering in circles, going through door after door but never getting to her destination. Try not to fall into this cycle.

On that note I'm off to practice my own advice and get creating and planning! With a break to watch the new years day Doctor Who special of course! 😍 Have a great January.

No comments:

Post a Comment